Friday, October 17, 2008

The Spirit of the Lord is Upon Me

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me. What an anointing! And there are a lot of people who are preaching with no anointing. Yet you cannot speak for God without the Spirit being poured out upon you. You may speak, but it won’t be for God. You may speak but it is not authorize by God. God will never endorse anyone who the Spirit is not upon. Yet so many today claim to act in a manner pleasing unto God, yet they do not bear the identifying marks of His Spirit. And speech without the Spirit is no good, ungodly, and unproductive in kingdom business. One cannot do anything when the Spirit is not upon him.

So preacher how do you know that you have the anointing of the Holy Spirit? You know because the Gospel will be preached to the poor. Not the poor because they lack money, but the poor because they have no answer to their core issues in the treasure chest of men.

There was a woman with an issue of blood. She had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse. She had exhausted the treasury of men. There was a woman at the well who had married five men and was now with one that was not her's she had exhausted the treasury of men.

And I’ve been there, where I was disappointed by everyone who had promised me anything, where my situation would exhaust the strength of my strongest advocate, where my help was beyond anything that men would do or could for me. But God had appointed and anointed a man, poured His Spirit upon that man. And by and with the power of God, that man preached the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, to my impoverished condition. And that is what Spirit-empower anointed preaching does… it heals the broken-hearted… it gives liberty to the bruised… it speaks to your core issue… It speaks to whatever is holding you captive… It speaks to whatever is blocking you from God’s reward… It speaks to whatever has broken your heart… How does it speak…? It proclaims the acceptable day of the Lord. Can’t you hear the hammer ring - at Calvary… can’t you hear the hammer ring…? It rang because sin broke my heart… it rang because sin held me captive… it rang because sin bruised my life…

Calvary is the answer to whatever is ailing you. At the top of Moriah Abraham found the Gospel of a Substitute. At the Exodus from Egypt Moses preached the Gospel of the Lamb’s blood. At the destruction of Jericho Rahab heard the Gospel of the scarlet cord in the window seal. When the Spirit of the Lord is upon man… He’ll preach Christ heals the broken hearted…… He’ll preach Christ delivers the captives… He’ll preach Christ recovers sight to the blind… He’ll preach Christ sets at liberty them that are bruised… Jesus is all the world to me… my life, my joy, my all.

No comments: